Whether it be inkjet printing, pharmaceuticals, energy conservation technologies, or electronics, nanomanufacturing has become an important part of our daily existence. Plow mixing has been used in this area for some time to aid customers in this rapidly developing and ever-changing market. Regardless of if it is dry nanoparticle mixing or coatings and encapsulations of materials, Processall’s plow mixing technology can aid companies in this market.
The mechanical fluidized bed plow mixers have sped up mixing times in some applications upwards of 500% over other mixing technologies on the market. Plow mixers have also been able to do coating on particles as fine as 100 – 200 nanometers, without causing agglomeration of the material to occur.
Processall employees have a long history of working with companies in all markets, aiding in everything from initial testing to installation of the unit to maintenance throughout the life cycle of the unit.
Processall’s plow mixing technology gives manufacturers a leg up on the competition. Listed below are some of the benefits of moving toward plow mixing technologies for nanoparticle applications:
- Greater uniformity in mixing applications without destroying the product
- High heat transfer coefficient capable of improving drying times for applications
- Creation of a mechanically fluidized bed which reduces mix times
- Spray nozzles that enable high levels of homogeneity in coating applications
- Ability to encapsulate materials in various mediums for everything from human to animal ingestion
- Thermal jackets to allow for optimal temperature controls
- Easy to scale up and predict mix and drying times after lab testing
- Units can be designed for:
- Either high-pressure or vacuum applications
- Liquid and vapor addition to the product
- Ability to perform mixing and other applications within one unit resulting in:
- Faster throughputs
- Reduced energy consumption
- Smaller footprint on the production floor
Current uses of plow mixers in the nanotechnology market
- Coating applications
- Powder mixing
- Drying nanoparticles
- And many more
Processall maintains a fully equipped testing facility in Cincinnati, Ohio designed to provide customers with the data they need to develop their process, evaluate equipment, scale up, and identify the necessary equipment to maintain desired production volumes. We extend an open invitation to all potential customers to bring their products to our test center and get a “hands-on” experience with our technology and capabilities.
We also maintain a rental fleet that customers can utilize to do further testing at their facility or employ to minimize their startup costs for a new process.
Please feel free to contact us with all your material processing questions and our experienced industry professionals will help you find the right mixing solutions for your particular application.