Plow mixing technology has been used by many corporations in the hot melt market for years because of its versatility and ability to combine multiple unit operations into one production unit. The high heat transfer and mixing actions of these units enable the raw materials to be mixed and melted together. The result customers often achieve dramatic increases in the rate of their production.
Listed below are the benefits of moving towards plow mixing technologies for hot melt mixing:
- High-speed mixing capability of insuring homogeneity of all the raw ingredients before the melting occurs
- High-heat transfer rate enables a quicker melt of all the raw materials
- Due to the high level of customization of the mixers, a single unit can eliminate several additional operations
- Spray nozzles and direct injection ports which can inject liquids into the product at the proper times in the mixing process
- Thermal jackets which enable the products to be temperature and pressure controls which enable lower and high melt points to be achieved depending on the process parameters
- Ability to conduct reactions also within the vessel if needed
- Easy to use, clean, and a high degree of automatization
- Heat transfer plows enables better heat transfer rates with the product
- Mixing action once the melt begins prevents lumps formation in the products
Other Potential Hot Melt Applications
- Battery Manufacturing
- Cosmetic Wax and Pigment Blending
- Hot Melt Adhesives
- FDM 3D Printing Resins
- Composite Rubber Blending
- Thermoplastics Blending
- Candle Manufacturing
- And Many More
Processall’s plow mixing technology gives hot melt manufacturers a leg up on the competition.
Processall maintains a fully equipped testing facility in Cincinnati, Ohio designed to provide customers with the data they need to develop their process, evaluate equipment, scale up, and identify the necessary equipment to maintain desired production volumes. We extend an open invitation to all potential customers to bring their product to our test center and get a “hands-on” experience with our technology and capabilities.
We also maintain a rental fleet that customers can utilize to do further testing at their facility or employ to minimize their startup costs for a new process.
Please feel free to contact us with all your material processing questions and our experienced industry professionals will help you find the right mixing solutions for your application.